2) The opportunity to have an informal chat with Emma Mulqueeny of Young Rewired State. This was a particular highlight for me because I really enjoyed her contributions to the Guardian “Tech City Talk” podcast (as described in my previous blog post!).
If I can find the time and (more importantly) energy I would like to do a few constructive things in the near future to help the “getting kids coding” movement…
- Find out if there is a Hampshire Hub Meeting for Computing At School!
- Take part in (or organise!) a “Hack Day” event to get more kids coding in my local area
- Promote hack events and Young Rewired State to my talented GCSE Computing students
- Investigate links between local employers and school (eg. IBM Hursley Park)
If you didn’t listen to the Guardian Tech City Talk podcast, please do!